HP Supplies Recycling
By offering several convenient return options, HP makes it easier than ever to recycle HP supplies. Simply drop off cartridges at any HP Authorized Retail Collection Location across the U.S. or print out a free postage-paid shipping label online. All Original HP LaserJet cartridges are packaged with a postage-paid return label for your convenience. You can also order other shipping supplies online for free, including a bulk box and pallet pick-up for large quantities.
Your participation makes this program a success. Whether you return one cartridge or 500, you're making a difference.
- 18.8 million pounds of recycled plastic were used in 2012 in new HP ink and LaserJet toner cartridges while meeting HP's high performance standards.
- No Original HP cartridges returned through HP Planet Partners are ever sent to a landfill, and HP never refills, remanufactures or resells cartridges.
- Remanufacturing rarely prevents cartridges from ending up in landfills. According to a 2011 study, nearly 94% of the toner cartridges sold from the remanufacturers surveyed will ultimately be thrown away because most remanufacturers fail to collect their own products.2
- By the end of 2010, HP Planet Partners had recovered over two billion pounds of electronic products and supplies.
- For many HP ink cartridges, up to 70% of the cartridge is made from recycled material.
- If you laid all the HP LaserJet cartridges that have been returned and recycled through HP Planet Partners end-to-end along the equator, they would circle the earth!
2InfoTrends, 2011 U.S. Supplies Recycling study. Study commissioned by HP.